The manufacturing engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinates deployment including training of team members.
- Supports operations management goals in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Manages New Product Introduction transitions from design to production coordinating manufacturing launch plans, establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency, including continuous improvement and standardization efforts to improve yields, reduce costs and improve quality.
- Delivers through a comprehensive, systematic, and documented approach.
- Manage change implementation and control; spot solutions and systemic improvements
- Responsible for approving and overseeing the design of manufacturing processes, Fixtures/Tooling and Equipment
- Coordination of prototype/beta builds
- Coordinate local VA/VE and cost reduction
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams
To perform this job successfully, this individual must serve as a technical leader, advising the team, generating new ideas, and implementing solutions. This individual may work with direct and indirect staff, subject matter experts across multiple functions and disciplines, and be accountability for results. This individual must demonstrate an understanding of key process and equipment issues and their relevance to the product or project. This individual must demonstrate a proficiency in project management and change management.
Demonstrate a proficiency in the following:
- Value Analysis and Value Engineering of our products and processes
- high-tech electronic manufacturing
- Problem Solving and analytical decision maker
- Process driven approach
- Change management process capability; predictive, planning and follow-through
- strong communicator
- strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple priorities at once
- work in a fast-paced environment
- conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Good reasoning ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- 3-5+ years of Mfg Engineering Experience
- Experience working with Lean Mfg tools and methodologies
- Experience in analyzing SPC controls
- Experience with lamination operations preferred.
- Experience with die cutting operations preferred.
- Green Belt certification desired
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Communicate technically about business operations and data analytics
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- Ability to learn different systems required for executing the QMS (for example Test Track Pro, Agile, Oracle etc).
- Knowledge of WebEx or other web-based video communications software beneficial
- Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency.
Support operations on a day to day basis to meet production requirements in the most efficient manner while using lean and sound documented process methods.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in a factory / production environment, with in a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant Minerva policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport.