Participates in the development of the next generation of electronic devices. Responsible for new design and redesign of electronics for biometric products. Under general direction performs complex activities relating to the design, testing, and evaluation of complete devices or systems. Performs product development activities including development of systems requiring supervision of engineers, contractors, or vendors to implement product specifications and requirements. Ensures product features achieve cost, schedule, quality and budgetary goals. Directs support personnel in all electrical development activities.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Digital and analog circuit design and troubleshooting.
- Circuit and product testing and root cause analysis.
- Printed circuit board layout design and debug.
- Experience with RF compliance requirements and testing including FCC, CE, PTCRB, etc.
- Participate as high level technical expert in their engineering field.
- Full technical knowledge and thorough understanding of business application of the project.
- Manage or prepare design reviews and engineering studies and present results to executive staff.
- Resolve issues with current products and suppliers.
- Documentation, writing procedures, bills of materials (BOMs).
- Contribute to company standards and lead initiatives for process improvement. Assist in introduction of new products into manufacturing.
- Assist manufacturing with production issues.
- May act as technical lead on design projects.
- May provide work leadership and training to other professional and technical staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn new processes and adaptable.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, product-driven company environment.
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality.
- Independent, proactive and self-driven with a can-do attitude.
- Problem-solving oriented.
- Computer skills: MS Office, SPICE.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of relevant industry Electrical Engineering experience within product development.
- Bachelor’s degree from a strong Electrical Engineering program required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with high volume consumer technology products.
- Experience with RF subsystems, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and NFC.
- Experience with power management and battery subsystems.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout using OrCAD/Cadence design tools.
- Circuit simulation.
- Test equipment, scopes, meters, surface mount soldering, analyzers.
- Experience with implementing Embedded Linux and Android on ARM devices.
- Familiar with embedded coding in languages similar to shell scripting, C and Python.
- Microprocessor embedded development tools.
- Must be an expert and able to train others in the development tools appropriate to the job discipline.
- Ability to interface in multidisciplinary team environment.
- Proficient with Computer applications.
- High motivation and energy.
- Practically minded with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- Experience communicating with external partners and customers.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, with in a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.