PTI Security Systems is looking for a strong, self-starter, Software Engineer II in our Marietta GA office. This position will assist, maintain, design access control and security software for the self-storage industry that is innovative and reliable by developing solutions that address customer and business needs. As Software Developer you will both maintain and design new applications ensuring strong optimization and functionality.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, but not limited to:
- Reviewing current systems and applications
- Presenting ideas for system improvements
- Decomposing stories and architecting software based solutions
- Writing code based on specifications
- Review and revise product requirements with management and peers as needed
- Support Beta testing of new products
- Creating automated test scripts
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced working in an Agile software development framework.
- Experienced with Java programming and working with Linux hosts
- Experienced with architecturing microservices based systems
- Experienced with Angular framework, Spring Boot, Groovy
- Experienced working with AWS infrastructure
- Experienced with scaling web-based applications and web security issues
- Experienced working with REST based APIs
- Strong familiarity with relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL)
- Hands-on technical experience with SOA and design patterns
- Experienced with Microsoft .NET, PHP, Python, Visual Basic, MQTT, Unity, Selenium / Katalon, Jenkins, DevOps, Ruby on Rails and/or Apple iOS development helpful
- Knowledge of Jira, Github
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- A minimum of 3-5 years professional software development experience, including requirements gathering and analysis, design, implementation, debugging, deployment and maintenance.
Applicant Background Requirements
The candidate must agree to, and successfully pass a comprehensive background check to include:
- Financial review (credit worthiness);
- Civil review (public records, judgments, liens, etc);
- Criminal background check; and
- Drug screening, where applicable.
- Must be able to pass extensive background verifications.