The Systems Engineer is responsible for guiding the development and management of air vehicle requirements, system SUCUPS, subsystem functional requirements for an Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS).
- Develop and maintain a model-based systems engineering (MBSE) framework
- Execute mission models to inform Tier 0 requirements and Air Vehicle functionality
- Evaluation of operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Support analyses and studies for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties to ensure mission success.
- Development of planning, organization, implementation, and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Assist in the management of the program product lifecycle management tool for the program.
- Work with IPTs to develop verification plans for each subsystem.
- Perform RIO development and tracking with program management and support IPT RIO management.
- Track and capture design decision notices, impacts and design changes as they occur throughout the program.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Systems Engineering is required.
- Strong background (5+ years with a Bachelor's Degree) in Aircraft and Air Vehicle Avionics & Mission Systems is preferred.
- Experience in Systems Engineering is required.
- Modeling and analysis experience of air vehicle systems architectures is required.
- Knowledge of aircraft flight dynamics, performance and air vehicle systems functionality is required.
- Experience or familiarity with the design, development, test, manufacturing or operation of an Air Vehicle system is required.
- Experience in the design, development, test, manufacturing or operation of autonomous systems is required.
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills are required.