Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies – from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others.
Xilinx’s core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore’s Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Aerospace and Defense
25+ Continuous Years Supporting Aerospace and Defense
Xilinx serves the aerospace and defense industry with commercial, defense, and space grade system-level solutions that span industry-leading FPGA and SoC devices, advanced IP solutions, and the next generation of design tools.
Our heritage has led to a deep understanding of our customers and the requirements to successfully implement and deploy the next generation of ground-based, airborne, and space-based applications. Continuous focus on this market enables Xilinx to reduce mission risk and system cost with our industry-leading solutions.
Heritage in specialized defense-grade silicon products makes Xilinx the smart choice to meet the rigorous demands of rugged environments and military systems. Defense-grade devices include, amongst other things, extended temperature range and fully leaded (Pb) components in ruggedized packaging.
Intelligence for Smarter Consumer Systems
Xilinx consumer solutions are designed to meet the demands of the rapidly changing consumer electronics market. With Xilinx, systems can quickly adapt and migrate to the latest video technology standards, interfaces and codecs allowing development of the next wave of displays including ultra-high definition (4K2K) and 8K4K TVs.
As with high end displays, the architectures for multifunction printers require not only a number of interface standards, but are also highly networked systems with integrated displays and precision motor control functions.
Xilinx enables market advantages in high-end consumer applications through the use of smarter vision solutions that address:
- Real-Time Analytics: Video analytics with real-time face and motion detection to recognize people for customized viewing
- Intelligent Transport: Xilinx Codecs like H.265 and connectivity like HDMI 2.0 & DP 1.2 enable 4K video delivery to the home
- Immersive Displays: Increased resolution to 4K2K and above 60Hz lead to life-like ultra-realistic viewing experiences
- Fastest Time to Market: Fastest support for next generation video and imaging standards through Xilinx silicon, tools and ecosystem
- Differentiated Products: Programmable Xilinx SmartCORE™ IP enables the flexibility critical to bringing differentiated products to market